Sunday, November 16, 2008

First Official Day outside of Church

Although it has been a few weeks since we left the institutional church (ic), I have actually been travelling on business. Today is the first day of waking up on a Sunday morning without "getting ready to go to church". Wow...43 years of waking up on Sunday mornings "getting ready to go to church".

So, what are we going to do with our new found freedom on Sunday morning? I am excited to say that we are going to a local park (Riparian Water Preserve) and we are going to share some of how Jesus interacted with His people. With our 8 & 12 year old, it will be fun to be in an outdoor setting as we walk with Jesus.

Speaking of our younger 2 children...they had a program back in the ic recently that paid them "bucks" for doing certain things. They got "bucks" for bringing their Bible, memorizing verses, answering questions, and bringing friends. The "bucks" were then turned in each month for prizes like Target gift cards and toys. Our 12 year old said, "I didn't feel like it was a good thing to get paid to do things, but I wasn't going to turn it down." You see in the ic you exhaust every way possible to get people to do things and then you turn to bribery, or more common guilt. This is not Jesus way...that is not the way of our Father.

I have to be honest, I have not guilt this morning. The verse that has been thrown at every non-compliant christian, "forsaking not the assembling of the Saints" has lost its incorrect meaning. I am truly walking in the freedom that comes from Jesus Christ. I am thrilled to be a part of His Kingdom and cannot wait to see where He leads and to who I will share His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment